With plenty of snow on the ground and a potential thaw coming early next week, the City of Bend and contractor Taylor Northwest are going to undertake an overnight snow removal effort in the Downtown Business District beginning this Sunday, January 15th through the morning of Monday, January 16th.
This effort requires cooperation from you in removing vehicles from the right of way and letting customers know what to expect. Please read on for more details, you can access a map of the affected streets here:
- To allow crews the most room to remove snow and truck it out of town there will be no parking allowed on certain streets downtown beginning at 10 pm on Sunday evening and continuing until 8 am Monday. See the attached map for the planned routes, shaded in orange.
- Any cars left on snow removal routes after 10 pm on Sunday will be towed at no charge to the Troy Field or City Hall parking lots, located near the intersection of Louisiana and Bond. You can see their locations, marked in yellow on the snow clearing map here.
- Looking for a safe space to park Sunday night? The Downtown Parking Garage will allow overnight parking at no charge until 11 a.m. Monday morning. If you’d like to park longer, purchasing a day pass for $5 in the garage on Sunday will allow you to park without penalty through Monday.
Snow Removal Plan:
- Crews will employ two loaders, two graders, and ten dump trucks to remove as much snow and ice as possible from curb to curb on their planned route. Their equipment will not allow them to remove snow that is on the sidewalk.
- If you have excess snow on you would like removed, please ensure it is off your sidewalk by Sunday evening and is within the roadway. Please be careful not to block traffic or further reduce parking availability.
- Crews will close roads on a block by block basis as they clear snow. Expect limited delays or detours as they work.
- Crews will do their best to locate and clear storm drains. However, with next week’s thaw please be diligent about clearing nearby drains should you notice them getting clogged.